Choosing the right shredding company is not as easy as it seems. Shredding paper is not a difficult job in itself, so it is easy to think that any provider is a reliable option. That may not be true. To ensure your business is meeting its GDPR data protection obligations, you need to make sure the provider you choose is a knowledgeable, certified shredding company, who can provide you with factual information on their processes and accreditations.
If you are considering outsourcing your document shredding or looking for a new provider, you want to make sure you are getting the best service available. Businesses that deal with their customer’s sensitive data – and that is really any business that accepts credit card payments, uses loyalty cards, or keeps a database of customers – need to take extreme care to safeguard that data. While doctors, solicitors and accountants are the ones people often think of first, virtually any business, as inconspicuous as it may be, will likely have sensitive data on hand.
So how do you make the right choice for document shredding services? Here are eight things to discuss when you look for quotes.
When you get a quote, it is important to know exactly what you are getting for the price so you can compare like with like.
1. How do you comply with GDPR data protection requirements? Cyclone Shredding will destroy documents by shredding in compliance with GDPR data protection requirements.
2. Is the company certified? We are certified by the National Standards Association of Ireland and members of the National Association for Information Destruction. We are also an Irish Government approved supplier and hold waste permits from Fingal County Council and the National Waste Collection Permit Office.
3. Do you shred on site? Our fleet of high spec mobile shredding units will come to you anywhere in Ireland, and you are welcome to supervise the shredding.
4. Can you provide a Certificate of Destruction? Yes, we provide a Certificate of Destruction for our hard drive, uniform and document shredding services.
5. Can I choose between a scheduled service and occasional once-off services? Absolutely! We offer both regularly scheduled document shredding services and ad hoc bulk shredding. If you are unsure which is best for you, we are happy to discuss your specific needs.
6. Do you recycle the shredded paper? We do. We’re committed to doing our part to protect the environment.
7. What else does the company do? We also provide hard drive destruction to meet GDPR data protection requirements as well as shredding for uniforms and other branded items to protect your company’s good name from fraudsters.
8. How much does the service cost? Once-off bulk document shredding services cost €190 for the first hour and €3.95 per additional minute. If you are unsure how long it might take to shred all of your documents, we can give you an estimate. Don’t hesitate to get in touch.